The Straggler from Surly has the same great braze ons for fenders, racks and bottle cages that you would expect from Surly. This bike is ready to take your just about anywhere, while being super versatile for your daily commuter or bike camping for the weekend. It's a cyclocross, townie, light touring, all weather commuter bike and when you get tired of one set up, you can swap out parts and turn it into another style bike.
The rear dropouts are unique, too. They’re a partially closed horizontal design that accommodates singlespeed or geared drivetrains. They feature stop screws that thread in from the rear to further secure the wheel and to position the rear wheel for optimal shifting, plus a forward-mounted stop screw on the drive side to keep the wheel from slipping forward under the force of your gargantuan legs. The rear dropouts are spaced 135mm instead of 132.5mm like the Cross-Check simply because there are far more options for disc hubs in this spacing.
In Store Pick Up Only
- Avid BB7 brakes, Shimano Tiagra levers
- Shimano CX-50 crankset, Shimano CX-70 front derailleur, Shimano Tiagra rear derailleur, Shimano CS-HG62 cassette
- Fender eyelets at the dropouts, front and rear rack bosses and dual water bottle mounts, downtube shifter mounts
- 100% Surly proprietary 4130 chromoly tubing. ED Coated. TIG-welded. Double-butted main triangle
- Forward exiting horizontal dropouts with adjusters give you singlespeed compatibility and wheelbase adjustability to help you fit the tires and fenders you want to run with that drivetrain you want to run. 135mm spacing
- Accommodates up to a 160mm disc rotor