In old-meets-new fashion, the Specialized Airnet MIPS Helmet has a heritage-inspired design combined with the latest technology in the cycling world. Specialized based the Airnet's original concept off of leather hairnets that cyclists wore before helmets existed, in terms of aerodynamic lightness and comfort. As for protection, this Airnet features MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System), which is a low-friction liner that rotates independently around the helmet for increased impact protection at angled crashes.
To boost comfort, the Airnet features the Specialized 4th Dimension Cooling System that combines large vents through internal channels that quickly spit out unwanted heat. The vents also include grippers to secure eyewear storage simply and easily. Everything that isn't a vent is lined with Drirelease merino wool for maximum thermal regulation, moisture management, and odor control. The micro-dial fit system ensures a quick-and-easy adjustment, while you can count on the chin strap webbing to not stretch out.
- Ultralight cycling helmet benefited by MIPS and airy comfort
- 4th Dimension Cooling System aligns large vents with exhaust ports
- Micro-dial fit system includes height adjustment for a secure fit
- Drirelease merino wool pads excel at odor- and thermal-regulation
- MIPS layer redirects forces in rotational impacts
- Item #SCQ0039